- Schedule Template (for the use of approved organisations only)
- National Medal (Approved Government Organisations) Determination 2013
- National Medal Regulations 2011
- National Medal (Approved Government Organisations) Determination 2011
- National Medal (Approved Voluntary Organisations) Determination 2011
On 20 April 2011, Her Majesty The Queen approved the National Medal Regulations 2011. These new Regulations revoke the Regulations set out in the Letters Patent dated 18 June 1999 and amendments dated 4 April 2000.
The National Medal recognises persons who render long service in certain occupations.
Award of the Medal
The Governor-General awards the National Medal or clasp on the recommendation of the chief officer of the approved organisation in which the person is, or was last, giving eligible service.
If you have any further questions please contact the Australian Honours and Awards Secretariat.